Read our lightweight boxing predictions for fights within the following divisions:
- Super lightweight – 140 lb / 63.5 kg / 10 st
- Lightweight – 135 lb / 61.23 kg / 9 st 9
- Super featherweight – 130 lb / 58.97 kg / 9 st 4
- Featherweight – 126 lb / 57.15 kg / 9 st
- Super bantamweight – 122 lb / 55.34 kg / 8 st 10
- Bantamweight – 118 lb / 53.52 kg / 8 st 6
Super lightweight – Terry Flanagan vs Maurice Hooker
Featherweight – Carl Frampton vs Nonito Donaire
Featherweight – Lee Selby vs Josh Warrington
Featherweight – Scott Quigg vs. Oscar Valdez
Quigg is biting off an awful lot in expecting to overcome a seasoned Mexican fighter in his US debut. He has backing from trainer Freddie Roach yet Valdez is a beast at this weight division. It might not be enough to see him through the fight. Our gut instinct says Valdez takes this by points, although we are secretly hoping for Quigg to prove us wrong on the night.
Super lightweight – Mikey Garcia vs. Sergey Lipinets
Mikey Garcia is the cear favourite of the bookmakers’ for a reason. He’s technically superior to his European opposition in every way: faster, stronger and smarter in the ring. And that’s why we’re backing the American to be crowned the winner for this lightweight bout. Our prediction is for Garcia to win by a late stoppage after toying with Lipinets during the early rounds.